Thursday 3 June 2021

To Whom The Cap Fits...

Human nature can be very complex. When Captain Smart, the famed broadcast journalist,  stated recently, that he was shown begging-text-messages from journalists by two politicians, I smiled ruefully to myself - and wondered if he was referring to me. That would be slander, oooo, Massa. Yooooooo...


Once upon a time, I was in the office of a very good personal friend of mine, who also happened to be a senior cabinet minister, at the time, when he called Captain Smart. My relationship with that particular politician, was well known by a few 'senior journalists'.


Our relationship  was based on the understanding that if he messed up, I would not spare him, if it was in the national interest, to either expose or criticise him. And it was the same for him too,  if I also messed up ethically as a journalist: he would never intervene to rescue me from my own foolishness.  Case closed.


It  was an understanding that worked well for both of us. Today, as it happens, he is in a very powerful position - but I keep my distance from him. That day he called Captain Smart, in my presence, I gave him the title deed to a large parcel of land (containing over 200 plots)  as repayment-assurance for some emergency cash I needed quickly. As it happens that land still belongs to my family - I am not a lazy chap and my brain  works paaaaa . That wasn't begging, ooooo, Amanfuo. Yooooooo...


The second politician, was someone whom I once risked my life, for, by informing him of top secret plot, by the Bureau of National Investigations  (BNI), to frame him up, try him in court, and then jail him. I gave a written statement, of that top secret BNI plot to frame him up, to the  law court, where he was being prosecuted, through his lawyer. When his then boss heard what I had done, he marvelled that a Ghanaian journalist could  do such a thing.  Such is life.


To thank me, that framed-up politician,  offered me a large wad of big-denomination-cash.  I refused it outright,  and told him that I wasn't that kind of person - and that in any case, I would do same for anyone else,  who was being persecuted, by the system, to please the  powers that be. Simple.


I would therefore be surprised,  if such a person showed my text message (sent to him last year), to anyone else - for I approached him during a crisis, which can befall anyone, and which virtually any honest person in a crisis situation, would also not hesitate to do same, and approach a supposed  friend, whom he or she had once risked life and limb for. I have  always thought of him as a real gentleman. Hmmm, eyeasem, oooo...


Finally, I am also disappointed in my young green-causes  friend,  who since he went to Ofori Panin Fie, at Kyebi, not too long ago, now ignores me completely. Eeiiii, nipa eny3, oooooo. Wonders.


Massa, the question to ponder over is: Where were those arrogant sods at Ofori Panyin Fie (who today think that they have a legitimate  right to takeover my family's freehold  lands,  in Akyem Abuakwa, as if Ghana were their personal fiefdom), when my late Grandpa, P. E. Thompson Esq, was forking out thousands of pounds to acquire those lands, between 1921 and 1933 - and going to the added  expense of having them all surveyed, and registered, at the Deeds Registry, at Christiansburg, in Accra?  Massa, Kofi Thompson eny3, easy-walkover, saaaa, koraaa,  ooooo. Yoooooooo... 


Finally, I have kept the title National Review  managing editor, on my LinkedIn profile, as a  virtual-till-the-end-of-time-protest, in condemnation of an alleged collaborative-plot between the BNI, and a pro-NPP media professional - executed when they got wind of the fact that I was planning to establish a newspaper of my own, to be known as The National Review: and promptly published a  fake-edition of the yet-to-be published newspaper  that distastefully caricatured the late  President John Atta Mills, of blessed memory. Hmmm, eyeasem,  oooo...


That pure nonsense-on-bamboo-stilts, eventually ended up at the then Kabral Blay-Amiher-led National Media Commission (NMC),  with me successfully refuting outright,  that monstrous  made-up-stealth-shebang. So, when you come across that LinkedIn  profile, dear reader, it is a perpetual-virtual-protest, with a diabolical-story behind it, wai.  Small boys are young, ampaaa!






Sent from Samsung tablet.

No comments: