Tuesday 4 October 2022

A quick note to the Modernghana.com editorial team - on the matter of permanent unfettered-access to my column's editing page

Gentleman,

Unfortunately for me, not only am I nearly totally-sight-impaired, but I also happen to be a  passionate writer entering his seventh decade, in this plane, who, alas, suffers from the digital-tragedy of not being tech-savvy - because that side of my brain is retarded. Hmmm, ey3nsem piiiiii, oooo...


In light of both those two delibitating-impairments, may I humbly suggest a fair-compromise, which will enable me to continue publishing my work on your well-respected platform  -  failing which, I will, sadly, be forced to end our mutually-rewarding-relationship, permanently?

I hate the predilection, and, tendency, for so many in our country to settle for  third-rate-fare in many aspects of our national life, and in our daily  societal-interactions - leading to dramatically-lowered-standards, which hitherto had  been high and world-class.

Unfortunately, what is supposed to be the metaphorical fourth arm of government,in our troubled democracy, which is now in a deep-crisis, as a result of rule-by-clever-idiots, even the media, has not been spared from the miasma-of-incompetence that has enveloped Ghana, and stretches right across the entirerity of the  media landscape of our dear nation.

Gentlemen, I, Kofi Thompson, refuse to be infected by that miasma-of-incompetence: and thus demand to be given permanent access to my column's editing page, by Modernghana.com - and in a manner that makes it possible for even an old uneducated-fool like me, to review and edit  all my work.

In return, I give you my word of honour that nothing written by me, will ever be  directly published by me. I will always send written work to you directly,  to publish.  Surely, one isn't asking for too much? Haaba.

No comments: