Thursday 24 August 2023

Why I will now advocate for the protection of the human rights of Ghana's LGBTQIA+ demographics

Dear critical-reader, on the highly emotive, controversial and divisive issue, of LGBTQIA+, in Ghanaian society, some of us occupy the middle ground. I understand and respect the views of the sincere, on both sides, in this matter.

But first things first, lol.To start with, let's state the Gay Centre.org's definition of LGBTQIA+:

LGBTQIA+ is an abbreviation for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, intersex, asexual, and more. These terms are used to describe a person's sexual orientation or gender identity.

Speaking personally, let me state, that I find the idea of intercourse with a fellow man, abhorrent and repulsive.

However, not being a saint, but a mere mortal full of faults and sins, I don't think it is my place to judge homosexual men who have intercourse in gay relationships. Ditto condemn lesbian women, involved in same-sex relationships.

In my humble view, it is a matter strictly between LGBTQIA+ demographics, and God Almighty, their Maker.

By nature, it so happens that I am someone who is predisposed to leaving God Almighty to fight his own battles.

The question to ponder over is: What can puny humans do, when God Almighty can, and does take care of his own issues, such as the issue of human homosexuality, ask? Zilch.

A harrowing story recounted to me recently, about the forcible abducting by a young father, of his own son, from the boy's mother, and the distress it caused the boy's mother, who is apparently estranged from the father of her son because he accuses her of being a Lesbian and therfore a spiritual-source of bad luck, has made me decide to fight to ensure that gay people aren't persecuted, in a nation with a Constitution that protects the rights of the law-abiding, and prohibits discrimination on grounds of religious faith, race, ethnicity, gender, amongst the other human rights, which it also guarantees.

In my humble view, there is far too much hypocrisy, on the LGBTQIA+ issue in Ghana. What moral right, do serial-philanderers, for example, have, to condemn homosexuals?

Why aren't they demanding the closure of publicly owned boarding schools, which we all know, are the breeding grounds of homosexuality in Ghana, I ask? The human rights of gay people also matter. 

On that basis, I shall therefore devote a considerable amount of the alloted-time, now left for me, in the remainder of my God-given lifespan on earth, to being helpful to young gay people worldwide, by being an advocate for the protection of the human rights of LGBTQIA+ demographics, henceforth.

Towards that end, one intends to seek funding to get the Supreme Court of Ghana, to declare the anti-gay law that criminalises certain aspects of gay relationships in Ghana, as unconstitutional. Fair-minded Ghanaians must advocate for the protection of the human rights of Ghana's LGBTQIA+ demographics.

No comments: