Monday 21 July 2008

Ghanaweb Commentators: Time To Clean Up Your Act?

Mr. Boateng, it is a principle of mine never to dignify the unedifying - so I shall overlook the impertinence implied in the question you pose me.

I will also assume that you are a well-educated individual. On that basis, may I ask you if you actually do know what someone addicted to cocaine is like: in terms of his or her physical bearing, on a daily basis?

With respect, leave the pure nonsense on bamboo stilts; the filth that emanates from mindsets of uncouth illiteracy: the sheer vulgarity that springs from the minds of those uneducated buffoons: those "My-party-my tribe-right-or-wrong" myrmidons - and let them make such absurd allegations: since they know no better.

Drug addicts who happen to be addicted to cocaine, if you would care to look up the condition in any medical book (or even easier, do so online!), are simply incapable of even taking a short walk from their bedroom to their lavatory, without great and disoriented effort at undertaking that simple task.

I am no fan of the party that Nana Akufo-Addo leads, but I do count him and his family as family friends: going back more than seventy years - his late father being my late grandfather's lawyer: and I am not ashamed to say so in public, either

However, he and the people in his inner circle, do know that he and his party will not be getting my vote - ever: because in my view they toady to today's neo-colonialist vampires from the Western world - the greedy neo-conservatives who make up the ruling Establishments of the West.

I simply feel a sense of outrage that people should insult a decent chap like him, just for political purposes.

And it is the same sense of outrage I feel when people insult Professor Mills, for political reasons, too - because in my view he is a decent chap too.

Please, if you must insult others because you are addicted to it, at least restrict it to those stealing our nation's money - if you are the insulting type with no home training, that is!

And finally, may I point it out to you that I neither drink; smoke; "do" drugs nor lead a life of careless abandon.

I also don't much care for those who seek to take liberties with me: a complete stranger, unknown to them.

But even if you show no respect for others, surely you must show the world that at least you do actually respect yourself - by what you say or do in public? Please respect yourself, at least.

I do hope that you too do not suffer from the unfortunate inability of so many Ghanaians to speak or write decent English: which perhaps makes you wrongfully label someone as a cocaine addict - when he so clearly and patently is no such thing?

If you care to look up the meaning of the phrase cocaine addict in any medical dictionary, I dare say you will understand my point.

I do loathe the party he belongs to - but I also loathe those who just make wild allegations about others, whom they know nothing about!

And although I have not seen seen him for years now, since his party came to power after the December 2000 elections - nothing in his public speeches or his appearances on radio and television, shows a man who is a cocaine addict.

In my view, Nana Akufo Addo would have made a far better president than our current leader. And I had hoped, at the time he competed with him, that he would emerge as his party's flag bearer for the December 2000 elections instead of Mr. Kufuor.


The many missed historic opportunities to set new standards of public morality amongst our elected politicians in particular, and our political class in general, by our current president, is clear proof of that assertion!


The ruling party's time has now passed - and alas, Nana Akufo-Addo, sadly, is eight years too late, in the day! Mr. Boateng, afedia wube emua wanu anaa? Hmm, Ghana, ayeasem oo!

May God bless and protect our homeland Ghana, always. Long live freedom! Long live Ghana!

No comments: