Friday 8 May 2009

Open Letter To The CEO Of Vodafone Ghana

Dear Sir,

I received an email (from a complete stranger) today, which I am sharing with you. Incidentally, I have given up hoping that your company will ever provide a substitute, which will enable those of its McCarthy Hill “Broadband4U” customers, who used to be served by the discontinued Alvarion system, access the internet again.

Our previous rulers told us that selling Ghana Telecom to Vodafone (for a song, in the view of many Ghanaians) would bring about an improvement in the quality of service offered by Ghana Telecom to its customers.

Unfortunately, in my case, it has been nothing short of disastrous - as my numerous complaints to your company have all fallen on deaf ears.

Yet, I doubt very much that if this had been the UK, Vodafone would have ignored a very dissatisfied customer - who constantly complains about been shortchanged by your hard-of-hearing company.

Hopefully, the mail I received today will prod you into action - and let you take the necessary steps to ensure that I am compensated by Vodafone for messing up my business model: which was underpinned entirely by my having reliable broadband internet access from McCarthy Hill.

Many thanks.

Yours sincerely,

Kofi Thompson


PS Do find below the email I mentioned earlier:

“RE:Vodafone Broadband rip-off.

Hello,
I stumbled across ur blog while doing a Google search for Vodafone
broadband in Ghana & urs was quite an interesting read.I was
contemplating on signing up to their service but i'm having 2nd
thoughts after seeing how much hell they've put you through.My
recommendation,get rid of them and sign up with iBurst internet
service provider instead.Their service is simply excellent,speedwise
and reliabilitywise,not to talk of their unparalled customer care.I
couldnt believe it when i filed a query form on their site and they
called me within 24hrs on the no. I provided on their site in response
to my enquiries.They are rate-based and charge u according to your
usage at pretty good rates.For the amount you were paying to GT,I
think iBurst Africa is a much better deal for u,seeing how essential
it is to you to be connected online to work.Like their motto which is
"Serious Internet",it serves the purpose of serious-minded people like
us who mean serious business.If you are interested,you can just notify
me by mail and i'll link you up with my contact there.He will find you
wherever you are located and come and do the setup on for you,at your
convenience.We deserve much better services than these existing
providers are shortchanging us for.Cheers!! and all the best.

--
Kweku G Folson
KNUST-UNITY HALL
Kumasi
+233-24-4480957
+233-20-8447046

Reply Forward Invite Kweku Folson to chat”

No comments: