Friday 22 July 2011

A Letter Of Complaint To The CEO Of Vodafone Ghana

Dear Sir,

I shall dispense with the usual polite formalities and go straight to the point - I am writing to you to demand compensation from Vodafone Ghana. I bought my BlackBerry from your company's Accra Mall retail outlet last November.

From November 2010 to date, the internet access has been atrocious.

And at a certain stage, I felt so outraged by the appalling service, that I took to Twitter - in the hope that your London HQ people would spot it: and intervene.

As we speak, nothing much has changed - although I had a text message from your company admitting to the unreliability of your BlackBerry internet access.

Those dishonest and unpatriotic Ghanaian politicians who broke our laws and sold Vodafone a company worth some US$ 5 billions for a paltry US$900 millions, may have appeared to be incredibly stupid wogs, to those of your colleagues who dealt with them from your London HQ.

But I can assure you that the average Ghanaian is no fool. I am not interested in the mealy-mouthed excuses Vodafone Ghana makes about your BlackBerry service's shabby treatment of those paying through the nose for rubbish.

My month's data bundle ends at midnight 25/7/2011. I demand that your company bears the cost of the following month's data bundle for me to get back some value from the millions of my old cedis that have literally disappeared into the ether - instead of getting me online: as my contract with Vodafone Ghana, is supposed to do.

What exactly do you have to say to that, I wonder? I await your answer - and do bear in mind that I shall take to Twitter again, if I am forced to.

Finally, I suspect that my BlackBerry's being hacked into. Ditto my emails. I do hope, for your company's sake, that no agent of yours has entered into a conspiracy with some of those corrupt and criticism-averse incompetents amongst our ruling elites, who see some of us as enemies of the Ghanaian nation-state simply because we expose their perfidy to the world.

Please make sure that nothing of the sort is going on - as there'll be hell to pay for your company, were that to be the case. And that's not a threat - its a solemn promise.

I will not tolerate some over-pampered, over-paid and under-worked British national, living the life of Riley here at Ghana's expense, conspiring with some of the quislings in our midst, to invade my privacy - in an attempt to deny me my constitutionally guaranteed basic human rights, in any shape or form, in my free and democratic home country. A word to the wise...

Yours faithfully,

Kofi Thompson.

Tel (powered by Tigo - the one mobile phone network in Ghana that actually works!): + 233 (0) 27 745 3109.

1 comment:

Harry Balls said...

https://www.facebook.com/vodafoneghanasux