Friday 17 February 2012

AN EMAIL TO AIRTEL

Dear Airtel,

I wonder if your dynamic network can help me solve this puzzle.

On 16th February, 2012, at 14:58:12 GMT, I received this text message from Austrian phone number +43820946409:

"We have an important message for you to know it call this number 0043820946409"

As my phone number ends all my wwwghanapolitics.blogspot.com blog articles, I thought it might be a reader wanting to provide me with some important information.

So, at 15:15:19 GMT on 16.02.2012, I placed a call to the aforementioned number. It was answered by a female voice.

The lady at the other end then proceeded to ask me if I was the owner of my number. When I answered in the affirmative, she informed me that I had won a prize.

Without even asking what the prize was, I immediately told her that I did want it - and immediately ended the call, as I thought there was something amiss.

It struck me as odd that anyone reading my blog online, and wanting to tell me about a prize I had won, wouldn't email me to give me details of the prize - such as why I had won it.

I also noted that far from it being a free call, I had indeed been charged for the call. Could you use your anti-fraud contacts in Austria, to investigate that number's user - and find out why they are sending text messages to mobile phone numbers in Ghana?

I do hope there will be a positive outcome to this tip-off from me - and above all, that it will ensure that if it is some fraud being perpetrated against unsuspecting owners of mobile phone numbers in Ghana, those behind it in Austria, will be apprehended by the Austrian law enforcement authorities.

Many thanks in advance for your help - and I do look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours in the service of Ghana,

Kofi.

No comments: