Wednesday 19 October 2011

AN UNWELCOME ENCOUNTER WITH EVIL

Although when first informed about it, I initially decided not to concern myself with the investigation by the National Media Commission (NMC)and National Security, to unearth those who had stolen the title of The National Review, a newspaper I registered last November with the NMC, I changed my mind, after a telephone conversation with Ambassador Kabral Blay-Amihere, the NMC's chairperson - and out of respect for him, went to the NMC's offices on Monday, 17th October, as requested.

There, I read a copy of a letter they'd apparently written and posted to me, after speaking to me by telephone last Friday.

I wrote a reply to that letter on my phone (on which all my writing is done, incidentally!), there and then - and emailed it from their premises: so that it could be printed, signed by me, and given to them for record purposes. As it was also copied to the Director General of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID), I delivered his copy to the CID HQ, Ghana Police Service, too.

In that letter, I made it absolutely clear, that in fact I had nothing whatsoever to do with that phoney and outrageous publication, which was fraudulently using the title of my newspaper, The National Review.

Having now seen the offending front-page photograph, meant to ridicule and insult our honest, principled, decent and fair-minded leader, President Mills (an abomination that actually made me cringe), I can see clearly that those cowards, blackguards and evil minds who put out that dreadful apology of a newspaper, decided to use the title "National Review", in order to set me up.

Perhaps they delude themselves into thinking they can destroy one's credibility that way. I'll have them know that they will never succeed in their aim. Even greater minds have embarked on that selfsame course - and failed miserably.

There are any number of possible suspects, all with the motivation to embark on such a dirty-tricks type of adventure, who come to mind, dear reader - ranging from some of those who make a living sponging on over-ambitious Nkrumaist politicians, and have grown fairly rich being leading lights in the sycophantic retinues of men with gargantuan egos, who think they can use the party of Nkrumah as a vehicle-of-convenience, to realise their personal political dreams of leading Ghana; to the dim-wits who perhaps thought they could use my talents to make a name for themselves as leading lights in the Ghanaian media world, at zilch cost to themselves, who it is possible may now want to destroy me (because I refused to be enslaved by them!).


There are also a few people in this regime who will never forgive me for my caustic tongue - and exposing them as third-rate individuals unable to help tell the very positive narrative of a President Mills, who despite predictions to the contrary before becoming Ghana's leader, today refuses to be anyone's puppet and steadfastly focuses on what will help ordinary people live better: and will serve the overall national interest best.


Then there are also those ghastly (perhaps no more than two or three, I hasten to add!) unprincipled and clueless hustlers-supreme, who have turned the opportunity offered by the ambitions of Nana Konadu Agyemang Rawlings to lead Ghana, into a very lucrative business opportunity - who may loathe one for publicly advising Mrs Rawlings to rely more on her own family and young volunteers, than on uncouth career-opportunists whose presence in her entourage, raises serious questions about her sense of judgement.


However, the prime suspects must be those responsible for the brutal murder of Nana Yaw Ofori, who never returned home to his mother, when he went to work in his office at the Accra Metropolitan Assembly's (AMA) headquarters building, one Saturday morning.

Even though he checked into his restricted-entry office with the biometric finger-print entry pass, there is no recording of his exiting it - and his headless body was subsequently found on a beach at James Town.

Those murderers certainly have the means and motive. But, alas, they have met their match. Throughout my life, I have always had a firm belief that if I lead an honest and principled life, I will always be blessed - and I have had many blessings indeed too, in my fifty-eight odd years in this world.

So, in the end, I shall prevail in this matter. And those who made the grave error of judgement in publishing that abomination, in which they sought to ridicule the humble and kind gentleman, who is the current president of the Republic of Ghana - in order to enable them secure their character assassination conspiracy's objective: the complete destruction of the credibility of the legitimate owner of The National Review - will get their just desserts.

I assure them that they will be caught, exposed to the world for their perfidy, prosecuted in the law courts and jailed eventually for that monstrous and despicable crime. Let them note that they have met their match. Yes, this has really been an unwanted encounter with evil, dear reader!


Post Script

Below is my reply to the NMC's aforementioned letter:

17th October, 2011

The Executive Secretary,
National Media Commission,

Accra.

Dear Sir,

Re: Your Letter of 14th October, 2011

I am writing formally to respond to your letter of 14th October, 2011.

I wish to state, with all the emphasis at my command, that the so-called National Review I was shown a copy of, in your office, has nothing to do with me, whatsoever.

It has to be a fraudulent entity that has stolen our identity, for this ghastly enterprise.

As I indicated in my telephone conversation with you on Friday 14th October, 2011, as a matter of fact, I am still looking for funding to start publishing my paper.

I shall report this matter to the CID headquarters immediately - so that they get to the bottom of this matter: and expose the rogues behind this dreadful rag. Many thanks for alerting me.

Yours faithfully,

Kofi Thompson.

Cc The Director General

Criminal Investigations Department

Police Headquarters.

No comments: