Thursday 30 August 2018

Brett J. Fox: How Can You Be A Successful CEO And An Introvert?

How Can You Be A Successful CEO And An Introvert?
By Brett Fox

It is not a death sentence for you if you are an introverted CEO. In fact, being an introvert can be advantage for you if you take the proper steps.

I'l explain how you can be a successful CEO and an introvert in this short video.


Watch The Video Above Or Read The Transcript Below:



Did you know that over 50 percent of the people in the world are introverts? Kind of an interesting stat, isn't it? And you know what? I'm an introvert too.

At least I call myself an introvert, but I love people at the same time. The question is if you're introverted, which means that if you prefer to be by yourself more than you prefer to be by or with others, how do you build your business?


I've worked with a lot of introverts and the answer is always the same. You have to overcome your shyness.



You just have to get out there step by step, piece by piece because you are the center of attention when you're the CEO. And you have to get used to it. The thing is even us introverts can have a huge rush from getting in front of people from seeing the results of what you're doing and by making things work.

So just because you're an introvert, doesn't mean, and doesn't give you an excuse, you know, to give up and not do the things that you need to do as a CEO. You have to do them. You have to start getting comfortable with doing pitches. You have to start getting comfortable in front of customers, in front of large groups of people.

All of which you can do as an introvert. I've done it and you can do it too.


The key is preparation. The more you prepare, the more you practice, the better you get.



That's all you have to do. So prepare and practice. So how do you do that? Well, I'll tell you what I do is I rehearse,

I tape myself, I listened to how I sound, I see the points for. I'm not really going into a lot of detail and I realize where my answers aren't the best and I work on them again and again and again.

And by practicing and getting used to doing the things that I need to do in front of people, I get more and more comfortable every single day. And as I said, you can too. Just take those simple tips and just go for it. I'm Brett at Brettjfox.com. Have a great, great day. Thank you.

No comments: