Sunday 9 July 2017

Medium.com/Seth Miller

Homepage
Seth Miller
Seth Miller

Scientist, inventor, entrepreneur. Mostly just trying to understand the world. See my full blog at perspicacity.xyz.

    ProfileLatestRecommendsResponses

Latest
Go to the profile of Seth Miller
Seth Miller
Jul 8
Hi Seth, thanks for your article, it was very informative.
Calvin Miracle
21

Calvin,

In the short and medium term, I expect fossil fuels to become so cheap that any alternative to them will be ridiculously uneconomic. But, as you say, asphalt is easily recycled, so there is little net cost the environment from its production and use.
Go to the profile of Seth Miller
Seth Miller
Jul 8
Thanks Seth for this great in depth read.
Joshua Palmer
11

Joshua,

I love this question, and it’s something I am actively working to answer. To your list I would add the following: Explain to conservatives (the economic sort) that both solar energy and electric cars are now cheaper than fossil fuels, when investments are amortized over time.
Go to the profile of Seth Miller
Seth Miller
Jul 6
The world’s human population now is over 7.5
John Jozsa
1

The short answer is: Solar

I think a lot of people still see solar as a joke, but it’s grown up. To get a sense of what is actually happening, as opposed to what we are used to, see another one of my posts: https://extranewsfeed.com/experts-have-massively-underestimated-solar-this-is-why-11c477ffa573
Recommended by Seth Miller
See more

    I believe this kind of disruption will also occur in the animal-agriculture business as lab grown…
    Andrew Corway
    Hi Seth, thanks for your article, it was very informative.
    Calvin Miracle
    a well summary writing.Thanks
    gibson86

More by Seth Miller
Go to the profile of Seth Miller
Seth Miller
Jul 5
You are a dreamer!
George Vachnadze
1

Took some time to think about a response here. My narrative was indeed US-focused; I needed a specific story to start with. I plead guilty.

But self-driving will be a real thing in China, perhaps sooner than in the US. Yes, the roads are not orderly, and people tend not to drive on the correct side of the street (or in lanes…
Go to the profile of Seth Miller
Seth Miller
Jun 28
You may be right.
Glenn Taylor
11

Glenn,

I appreciate the heart and candor in your response. I personally think that oil was at first pure blessing — it saved the whales, and was economic gold that dramatically improved the standard of living of the world. All of our medicine, and all of our comforts owe a debt to oil.
?

No comments: