Wednesday 11 October 2017

An Email To George Sydney Abugri

My dear George,

I do hope you are well - and happy. When I last wrote to you I hinted that my name had been apparently used in 2013 (by a lawyer and Ecobank employee it has now been established beyond doubt)  to obtain a GHc 130,000 loan from the Venture Capital Trust Fund (VCTF) - which under new management had published a list of VCTF debtors in the Daily Graphic that included the name Kofi Thompson as key contact person for Concord Landscaping Limited.

I am happy to inform you that as result of the quick thinking of the VCTF's brilliant new CEO, Mr. Yaw Owusu-Obrempong (0302670946) the pair of fraudsters behind that particular GHc130,000 fraud are now assisting the Bureau of National Investigations (BNI) in investigations into the matter.

I have included the VCTF's dynamic Mr. Yaw Owusu-Brempong, in this email as an e-introduction to him to all of you -  because I know that as ethical  media professionals dedicated to ensuring the well-being of Mother Ghana  you will do all you can to help the work of the vital state-owned financial organisation he leads -  by
highlighting the efforts the VCTF is making to repair the harm done it by sundry fraudsters who took money from it under false pretences in the past.

The story of how Mr. Owusu-Obrempong's quick thinking helped to expose the two  fraudsters who used my name to purloin GHc130,00 of hapless taxpayers' money is a fascinating one - and a classic case-study of how public money meant to strengthen the private-sector was siphoned off into the pockets of many crooks in the past.

Thanks - and peace and blessings to all of you.

Kind regards,

Kofi.











No comments: